About Me

My little button

Our Little Tongginator

Blog Archive

Design by

Weaksauce Blogs
Monday, August 11, 2008

Super Indelible Mark

While watching the Olympics mens swimming events this past weekend...

TONGGINATOR: What is that thing on his arm, Momma?

TONGGU MOMMA
: What thing, honey? (glancing at the television) Oh, you mean on his shoulder? (the Tongginator nodded) That's called a tattoo, honey bear.

TONGGINATOR: Oh. What's a tattoo?

TONGGU MOMMA: Umm... Hmm... (Lord, help me now!) I guess it's kind of like using a super indelible, never come off until you're dead and maybe even later coloring marker.

TONGGINATOR: Oh. It's pretty. Can I get one?

TONGGU MOMMA: No, honey bear. Momma and Daddy don't have tattoos. And you aren't allowed to get one unless you decide you want one when you're all grown up.

TONGGINATOR: Why not?

TONGGU MOMMA: Well... lots of reasons. Probably the most important one is that usually people get tattoos of things they think are cool. And what you think is cool at four may not be so cool when you are 18 or 38 or 88.

TONGGINATOR: Oh, but Momma, I have the perfect idea. I know a tattoo that will be cool forever.

TONGGU MOMMA: You still can't have a tattoo.

TONGGINATOR: That's okay. I'll wait until I'm a grown-up and then I'll get my tattoo. It will be perfect.

TONGGU MOMMA: Oh, really? What will it be?

TONGGINATOR: (dramatic pause) A Sleeping Beauty princess.

Well... All I can say is - let's hope not.

At this moment, y'all might be thinking, 'totally unrealistic. Who in the world would get a Sleeping Beauty tattoo?' But I Googled it, y'all. And it's not totally improbable.

As you can see.

15 comments:

Sophie's Mom said...

Ha ha! Can't believe someone actually has one of those. Too funny.

Georgia Peach said...

gasp! giggle. giggle. :0)

That sleeping beauty tattoo is uh-ma-zing!!

Lanxi said...

Oh my. People will get tattoos of almost anything these days.

I think I would have resorted to the needles myself. You are a way nicer mom than me. (now, can I get a tattoo??)

Bella's momma said...

Let's hope that before she is 18 she out grows the Sleeping Beauty Princess stage, and the entire wanting a tatoo stage all together!!!

thanks for the laugh!

Krista

Kathryn said...

I looked at the picture before reading the end of the post and totally thought you were going to say that was your leg. Glad it wasn't. It's a silly tattoo and something I would not want on my leg when I was 90.

Janet said...

I think you should let the Tonginnator get a tattoo. A skull and crossbones would be nice......

kia (good enough mama) said...

Wow. I'm speechless. Hmmm....I wonder what other "weird" things might come up on a google for tattoo's????? hehehehehehe

Fliss and Mike Adventures said...

I think you should let her get a Tinkerbell tattoo instead... hehehe

Misty said...

as a tattoo'd mama, i always wonder how i'm supposed to approach the subject of indelible ink, but yeah, no princesses over this way! LOL

happygeek said...

That princess tattoo is jsut a bit scary.

Michelle said...

My kids love temporary tattoos. I'm fine with one every now and then, but a friend of Leila's bought her a kit with about 200 for her birthday. Uhhh... thanks?

Amrita said...

Capital conversation

Half Gaelic, Half Garlic! said...

Yes, we have major tatoo infatuation in this house....Nick is always wearing the temporary ones....as long as I can scrub them off..I am OK!!

Cannot believe that someone is wearing that on their leg....hilarious!

Lisa

Mom to 5...Daughter of the King said...

That's a riot!!!

discombobulated said...

you are in for some real trouble. she's four going on 30.