About Me

My little button

Our Little Tongginator

Blog Archive

Design by

Weaksauce Blogs
Sunday, August 31, 2008

Sunday Linkage

As always, I don't necessarily agree or disagree with any of these links, but I do find them important to consider. Sang-Shil Kim's "Two Way Search" hit me particularly hard this week. I wonder if this will be the same in the Jiangxi, Hunan and Guangdong Provinces of China in the next twenty or so years. What do y'all think?

TMI -- international adoption researcher Dawn Davenport on her blog Creating a Family

I Keep Feeling... -- waiting China-adoptive parent and blogger Michelle at Searching For Sophie

Two-Way Search -- adult Korean adoptee blogger Sang-Shil Kim at Land Of The Not So Calm

The Global War Against Baby Girls -- reporter Joe Carter at Culture11

The family-medical-history moment -- adult Vietnamese adoptee blogger sume at Ethnically Incorrect Daughter

The Point of Return -- reporter Irene Sege at The Boston Globe, about three teenagers adopted from China who return to their orphanage to give back... hat tip to Fliss for the article

4 comments:

Natalie @ I AM (not) said...

Found your blog thru we are that family. Guurrrl, you funny

Shawnstribe said...

TM the return to Wuhan by the three teenagers was so moving.
X X came from Xiangfan, just 4 hrs fromWuhan, and we completed our adoption there.
There is a part of me which still greeves sos so so badly for all the babies i left behind and i so long to go back.
Seeing those photoshas opened this bleeding heart again.
Thank you and to Fliss too
xxx
s

Veronica MItchell said...

I am always impressed by the wide range of opinions and perspectives you include in your Sunday links.

Dawn said...

I love your Sunday links. Thanks for finding some great things to read.