About Me

My little button

Our Little Tongginator

Blog Archive

Design by

Weaksauce Blogs
Friday, August 1, 2008

OC's Boardwalk

Elbowing our way through crowded beaches, dealing with eleven people in a townhouse and waking up every morning to the giggles of one mischievous two-year-old and the Tongginator... well... it wears a body out. By Wednesday evening, all of us truly craved a quiet night without a ton of stimulation.

So we headed to Ocean City's boardwalk.

Because we are clever like that.

The Tongginator rode on her first ferris wheel, plus the twenty three other rides her height allowed. It's very sad when a four-and-a-half-year-old watches children younger than her gleefully skip onto rides requiring one to be a giant 42 inches tall.

But I'm not bitter.

Although the Tongginator might be.

I DID feel completely stunned to see a father-daughter portrait painted as a wall mural near the boardwalk's merry-go-round. The likeness is so completely uncanny to me and my daddy, I felt the need to share it with y'all. Oh, I added a little something to the photo so that you could better picture the face of Tonggu Daddy.

Because I just know y'all spend hours every day wondering about his physical appearance. He's a total hottie, y'all. I'm sure you'll agree.

And the mural of me and my daddy isn't too terrible either.


So... what do y'all think?

I feel the Colonel's likeness is especially accurate, since he is Older Than Dirt. He's also a retired Marine, so the sword truly fits. The Husband looks like a hottie - absolutely no arguments allowed. As for my portrait -- the big mouth definitely says a lot. (Pun alert! Pun alert!) And the slightly psycho hair seems especially accurate at the moment.

Goodness, I totally need a haircut.

After the shock of seeing myself displayed so prominently in such a public place, we headed over to the games Complete Rip Off Area of the boardwalk. The Tongginator wanted to play "the ducky game" almost as much as the Husband wanted to play the "ace shooter" game.

Oh, how the Tongginator loves, loves, loves her duckies. Therefore, she wished to play the ducky game... not because she thought she actually stood a chance.

But the Husband actually earned a military sharpshooter medal once upon a time, so he TRULY expected to win his game. The criteria was simple...


(Forgive me for my lack of proper shooting technology during this next little bit.)

The Husband set up his shot, took careful aim and fired off a few rounds. And then a few more. And then even more. Here are the results:


The Husband totally expected to win his game. Unfortunately, the photographic evidence soundly proves that some of the little red star remained on each slip of paper target.

Which means the Husband didn't win his game.

But the Tongginator won HER game!


Which made me smile.

Because the math totally added up.

($5 to play the ace shooter game - no prize) x the Husband's fall from pride = blog fodder!!!

($5 to play the ducky game - a prize worth $2.43) x the Tongginator's glee = so worth it!!!

Does it add up to y'all? Because I'm completely terrible in math, so I might need a little help adjusting the formulas.

12 comments:

Half Gaelic, Half Garlic! said...

Glad to see The Tongginator won...especially after the height requirement ride issues....as a short person my entire life....I feel her pain!

Sounds like your still having fun!

Lisa

redmaryjanes said...

You bust me up. I love your candor. I can tell you that my man thinks he's quite the shooter too. He was a 4H champ in his youth (tells me and the boys often). I wonder what would happen if he lost...deflation I'm sure.
Great job to little Tongginator though! That's a girl with some real talent!

Rochelle said...

Okay... you all having way too much fun. Wrap it up. It's time to come home now. :)

Just kidding!! Believe it or not, I think your shooting ability is better than mine! Glad you are having fun! And yep, it's all worth it!

Janet said...

Congrats to your little Tonggu babe. Was it a blanket she won? How cute!

LindaJ said...

Poor Lila was in the same boat with the rides. She even tried to walk on her tip toes. Poor thing. She wanted to ride the big kid rides so bad. Sucks being smaller then kids your age.

Muthering Heights said...

It sounds like you all had a good time, despite the public portraiture and bruised egos, LOL!

Beachy Mimi said...

I agree, so worth it! I just love it when the kids are able to win something. Have fun.

Michelle said...

Thanks for stopping by. I'm so glad you did because I loved reading the last few posts on your blog. You are one funny, funny lady. I'd love to see the Tongginator do the Q & A.

kia said...

I think you did the math perfectly. Have I ever mentioned I was an English major in uni? Ahem.

Ice Cream! said...

Where have you been??? Your blog is a riot! Do you mind if I add you to my sidebar to read the latest? You're a hoot!

mommy24treasures said...

oh I love your blog too:)
thanks for coming by.
We LOVE books! Always ready to hear anyones favorites.

happygeek said...

Cracking up.
I fear that my 4 year old would be keeping yours company on the sidelines. Not a lot of fun to try and explain is it?
Glad she won her game at least!