About Me

My little button

Our Little Tongginator

Blog Archive

Design by

Weaksauce Blogs
Monday, August 4, 2008

Hot M*mma

I wish y'all could have seen me at Ocean City last week. I really hate to brag - it's just not my style - but goodness I looked oh, so hot during our seven day beach vacation. Seriously hot.

Probably because it was about 100 degrees outside.

And I still look hot even though we came home over the weekend. This time it's not the temperature outside contributing to my hotness. After all, I do possess enough of a brain to remain in air-conditioned comfort when the coastline sits too far away to tempt me.

No, I have this glow all on my own.

It's called a fever.

Thank goodness I look so hot, y'all. Because over the weekend the Husband suddenly became "almost 40." That's right, we celebrated his 39th birthday over the weekend.

Actually, I'm not sure if celebrated is the correct word.

The Husband is ill with the flu, as am I. And the Tongginator continues to mope around the house with her Vacation-Is-Over-So-No-More-Spoiling-From- Extended-Relatives-Blues. Perhaps a better word choice might be survived... we survived the Husband's recent birthday.

He's almost 40, y'all. I can't believe it. We met when I was a mere 22 years old. The Husband was 27 at that time. And now he's fast approaching the Window of Midlife Crisis. Not that it will happen, but it might... because he's almost 40.

It's a good thing I look so hot lately.

Oh, and it helps that he truly is my Mr. Wonderful. Happy belated birthday, honey. I do so love you.

Now pass the tissues.

18 comments:

Georgia Peach said...

Well Happy Birthday TM husband!!! So sorry to hear you were welcomed home by flu bugs. That's a bummer. Hopefully they are weak bugs who don't stay long.

Jamie (Ohbecareful!) said...

Oh no! So sorry to hear that you're sick. Unpacking post-vacation is bad enough, but the flu? Bleh. Hope you both feel better soon, and The Tongginator gets over her blues (my kids go through the same thing after we've spent any amount of time with family.)

Happy belated birthday to your "Mr. Wonderful." :) And from what I hear, 39 is the new 29.

Briana's Mom said...

Happy Birthday Tonggu Daddy!

Sorry to hear you are both sick! Not fun after a great vacation! Feel better soon!

Growin' with it! said...

i can't believe how many people i know have been sick this summer. seems so weird and UNFAIR! the sun is shining. boo hoo. do hope you feel better!

Beachy Mimi said...

Happy Birthday to the Tonggu House.
So sorry everyone is either sick or sad. Hope you feel better, soon!

Misty said...

happy belated bday TD! and ahh, the post vacay blues. not that i myself have been on a holiday in a long time, but i think i remember them. mama, take care--you don't wanna get too hot now, your dh is getting too old for all that!

Half Gaelic, Half Garlic! said...

Happy Bday Tonggu Dad!!

So sorry to hear that you are all sick....flu in the summertime...Yuck...at least it did not interfere with your vaca!

Hope you are all on the road to recovery!

Lisa

Shawnstribe said...

Happy Birthday T Daddy : )
Many Blessings
xxx
s

Bella's momma said...

Happy belated birthday 'Mr. Wondeful'

Girl, I hope you and your whole house gets to feeling better real soon!!!

Hugs,

Krista

kia said...

Oh, how incredibly cute. The couple that pukes together, stays together. Right?

Sorry you are both sick, but happy beeday to your hub. Mine is almost at that age, too. He'll be 38 at the end of this year. Poor suckers, huh?

Get better fast!!

Michelle said...

Sorry to hear you are both sick. I hope you feel better soon!!

Happy Birthday to Mr. Wonderful. I loved your Mr. W post. He sounds like he truly lives up to his name.

Michelle said...

Oh, sorry about the flu. But happy birthday to your hubby! Mine turns the big 4-0 in October. I met him when he was 19. Talk about feeling old! Where does the time go? Seriously.

Janet said...

Sorry to hear that you're sick. But you are hot, so who really cares? :-)

happygeek said...

Happy Birthday TD.
Nothing says welcome home from a vacation quite like the flu.
Get well soon.

Alana said...

Hello! I wanted to stop by and thank you for your comment awhile back. I have been entertaining company so this is the first chance I have had to stop by and visit your blog. Happy Birthday to your husband. Love the title of this post!

goodfountain said...

I'm sad to hear the Tonggupeeps are sick. :( Happy Birthday to TongguDaddy. My DH hit the big 40 this year. He's very wise all of a sudden.

Alyson & Ford said...

Hope you are all on the mend!
My DH surprised me in his mid-40's with the mid-life crisis "stuff". I thought we were over the hump! Nope. He jumped out of a perfectly good airplane and bought an electric guitar (he didn't play it for 10 more years!).
Watch out!!

Alyson LID 01/27/06

Rochelle said...

Happy Happy birthday!! And I hope you are feeling better today. And your opening remarks cracked me up!! I want your humor!