About Me

My little button

Our Little Tongginator

Blog Archive

Design by

Weaksauce Blogs
Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Bits of Bloggy Business

First, thanks y'all so much for your well wishes! I am happy to report that we are on the mend, albeit still a tad feverish and on the tired side of normal. The Husband especially thanks y'all for your kindness in reference to his Advanced Age. He receives enough teasing from me, as you can imagine, so he appreciates your tact.

Secondly, a few posts ago Ice Cream! asked me where I have been hiding and if I minded being added to her blog roll. Despite my stellar sleuthing skills, I could not discover a traditional means of contacting Ice Cream!, although I did spend hours pouring over the white pages. [Can you believe there is not one single person with the name Ice Cream in the D.C. metro area???] Anyways, since I couldn't contact Ice Cream! directly, I decided to answer her questions publicly on the blog.

Ice Cream!, most people say I've definitely been hiding under a rock... or perhaps amid the vastness that is China Adopt Talk (also known as Rumor Queen Land). And, no, my user name on Rumor Queen is NOT Tonggu Momma. And no, I don't post there all that often, so I doubt you'd recognize my user name even if I shouted it from the rooftops. A few who know me well (the Husband and Tonggu Grammy) might say that I've spent the past two years hiding underneath a pile of blankets, dwelling amid my cloud of self-pity about this never-ending wait.

I have no idea what they are talking about.

They might be correct.

As to whether or not you can add me to your blog roll... how absolutely sweet of you to ask. Yes, of course you (and anyone else who wishes) may add me to any and all blog rolls you maintain, unless it's a skeezy blog.

Because Tonggu Momma is not skeezy. And I get enough Google searches looking for "Asian Be@uties" as it is. However, I'm sure your blog is NOT skeezy because the user name Ice Cream! just doesn't scream "skeezy!" to me. Instead, it more likely shouts out, "I scream, you scream, we all scream for ice cream!"

Oh goodness, I did NOT just write that!

But I did.

Oh, well. Ignore. Moving on...

Yes, you may add me to your blog roll. I strive to fly under the radar for the most part, but I feel I've done a fairly good job remaining anonymous (please tell me I have!), so I'm not too worried about adding five hundred dozen or so people to my readership of twenty. I'm not so arrogant as to think that What I Say Matters, but I do strive to regularly humiliate myself make people laugh.

During this long adoption wait -- or just life in general -- it pays to laugh. So if you know others who might like to join me during my Quest for Laughter, please do invite them here. They don't have to be adoptive parents... or waiting adoptive parents... heck, they don't even have to be parents... Tonggu House can always use another person who laughs with me, gives virtual hugs, dispenses wisdom and/or gives me a big ole smack on the head.

Because the Husband is working hard at it, but it's too much for just one person (especially the smack on the head part).

And the Tongginator is only four, so she is unable to smack me on the head. Not because she shouldn't, but because she's short and can't reach that high.

You should be tall enough, though, so feel free to bop me one now and again when I need bopping. Some of you shorter people (Lisa, Georgia Peach and the Happy Geek, just to name a few) may need to stand on a stool to reach high enough, but it's still doable.

Only you have to actually be around to do it.

10 comments:

happygeek said...

Hey!
Who are you calling short?
5'1" isn't short is it?
Is it?
Apparently so.
So glad you have joined the bloggy world:)
Even if you are tall:)

The Broken Man said...

Hope things work out really fast on the adoption front - really enjoyed reading your blog.

The Broken Man

http://theblogofabrokenman.blogspot.com/

Half Gaelic, Half Garlic! said...

So glad to hear you are feeling better!!

As for the stool, not necessary....I will just slide my feet into those shiny stilletos....LOL!

Have a great day!

Lisa

Janet said...

Add me to your short list! I'm only 5'4!!!! And I have to be around to do it? Exactly how "around"? Because I'm working on being less "round". :-)

Beachy Mimi said...

Hey, I'm short, too, but (((hugs))) anyway. I love your blog and added you to my blogroll without asking (sorry). Hope it is okay.

Briana's Mom said...

I giggle every time I come to your blog! :)

Glad you are feeling better!

Mamatini said...

Ha, all I do is hang around so I get to laugh wi'cha! And I'm tall enough to bop *most* people on the head, but I think I might be too far away to reach you.

kia (good enough mama) said...

Um, yeah. Was I supposed to ask? I could take you off mine if you like.... ;) Kidding!

Soliloquy said...

We can be friends until you get your referral and then it's all OFF, because I will be hating you for being ahead of me in the line.

Well, maybe not totally, but possibly just a little bit.

Waiting. SUCKS.

Georgia Peach said...

Just had a funny visual...

Short pregnant woman, namely me, wearing glasses and non-maternity pants (held up by a binder clip) jumping to smack you in the head.

Hoping that binder clip holds fast...'cause a short pregnant woman wearing glasses and no pants is just skeezy (to borrow a TM word).