About Me

My little button

Our Little Tongginator

Blog Archive

Design by

Weaksauce Blogs
Friday, July 18, 2008

Triangle's Success

I am as proud as I can be, y'all. I feel near to bursting. I discovered earlier this summer that my ten-year-old nephew, known here as Triangle, recently achieved Great Success.

It's all down hill from here, little man.

Every year Triangle's county of less than 2,000 people elects one resident to represent them. The members of the community carefully assess personality, charitable giving and charisma. They evaluate and debate before finally casting their ballots.

And then they elect The County Grouch.














Doesn't it just make you want to cry??? For the first time, in the history of the competition, the county council created the position of Honorary Grouch. Never before has a minor held the title.

Oh, it brings a tear to my eye, y'all.

Triangle, you are a Credit to Your Family. I am proud to call you my nephew.

If you are ever in the vicinity of Triangle's county, be sure to check out the sign that greets all visitors:














(I altered the sign a bit for privacy reasons, removing the county name and such. The Husband and I worried y'all might descend upon Triangle like locusts, requesting his autograph. I'm sure you understand.)


I think Triangle gets it from me. Never mind that he's only related to me through marriage. He still totally gets it from me.

Dear me, I feel so proud.

Doesn't it just bring a tear to your eye?

16 comments:

redmaryjanes said...

Oh my word! Did he take it well? They put him on a sign?

Your blog is fabulous by the way. Great design.

Cajunchic said...

lol That is so funny. Did he take it well? Monkette and I could so win that title.

a Tonggu Momma said...

Y'all are too sweet! Yes, Triangle actually sought the County Grouch position... he actively campaigned for it. (I don't think the county officials would have allowed it otherwise... ten years old is a little young to achieve Grouch status, unless the person desires it. LOL.)

Briana's Mom said...

Briana could have won that title today! LOL!

I can see why you are proud! :)

Melanie said...

This is adorable. And it makes me want to move back to small-town America.

Beachy Mimi said...

Hilarious. Just hilarious.

Misty said...

hmm, a 10yo who wants to be a grouch!?!? that's pretty funny!!
i'm glad you liked the photo header on my blog... the footwashing was dh's idea and i was more in love w/ him than ever when he suggested it! my itty bitty one gets grouch award today... dang teething!!

Kia said...

How cute! We need this title in our town so that Little Man can be elected. He'd win (yesterday and today, especially!) hands down, no contest!!!

prechrswife said...

That is hilarious!

Lisa said...

I have been so busy lately I have not been able to check blogs. I just popped on yours to catch up and was pleasently surprised with your new layout! I absolutely LOVE it. Just gorgeous!

As for the Grouch thing, that is just too darned funny!

Lisa said...

One more thing: What does LID stand for?

Half Gaelic, Half Garlic! said...

Oh this is hilarious......what are you going to come up with next.....you really have a very interesting family!

I am just catching up from the last couple of days......your hubby getting his stomach pumped.....OMG....I was gagging as I read the post!

Janet said...

Well, I for one, would like an autograph from the grouch. I mean, how often do you have a famous grouch in your family. It's pretty impressive, I must say.

Shawnstribe said...

mmm i must be related to you guys too ; )

big hugs from one grouch to another
; _
xxx
s

Carla said...

I keep coming back to this post and giggling. Your poor nephew, but I think it's probably something he liked. LOVING that sign for the town.

Fliss and Mike Adventures said...

Sorry it has been a while since visiting... work has kept me busy... oh man... I was heading out to that town for the autograph.. guess that is one more I will miss out on... take care