About Me

My little button

Our Little Tongginator

Blog Archive

Design by

Weaksauce Blogs
Wednesday, July 9, 2008

9 on the 9th

My bloggy friend Mrs. N of Becoming Me and All That Naz created a brand-new bloggy carnival this month: 9 on the 9th. It's like a David Letterman top ten list. Only it's with nine things instead of ten. And it isn't from David Letterman. But it's still like his list anyway.

Sort of.

Anyways, I love the idea, and I love Mrs. N's Christ-like servanthood, so I decided to participate.

In a Big Way.

Don't think this will EVER happen again, y'all, but in honor of Mrs. N's Absolute First Ever 9 on the 9th bloggy carnival, I've chosen to list my top nine Most Humiliating Moments.

You can say thank you now.

Because doesn't it make us feel so much better to laugh at others who are also laughing at themselves? And yes, that last part is important. Because if you are laughing at someone who is NOT laughing at herself... well then, that just makes you a big ole meanie.

Which you aren't.

Because I AM laughing at myself as I write this list. So feel free to chuckle a bit. And, if you click on some of the links, put down your drinks now.

I'm just saying.

Here they are - in all their humiliating glory - my top nine most embarrassing moments:

9. appearing on stage with Elmo ... In retrospect, it probably wasn't All That embarrassing, but it sure felt that way at the time.

8. in junior high, I sent a Secret Admirer carnation to a boy on Valentine's Day ... I've never watched the show, but I've heard that The Bachelorette involves giving a flower to someone to tell him you like him. Well, everyone in my grade found out that the "secret" carnation came from me, so my February 1986 turned into a Bachelorette season where the guy returned the flower and said, "thanks, but no thanks." Can you believe I don't even remember his name anymore? I DO recall that I lied to try and cover up my embarrassment. Funny what God has us remember...

7. falling in the hole

6. my abysmal audition for a part in The Music Man at a fine arts magnet high school ... Over three hundred high school students observed my audition. In describing it, let's just say that it was a cross between a 30 second 3X America's Got Talent act and one of THOSE auditions from the first week of American Idol. Needless to say, I didn't get a part in the play.

5. my seventh grade Farrah Fawcett afro ... And no, I did not include a photo of said infamous afro in the link provided above. Seriously, y'all, do you think I would humiliate myself THAT much? The photo I did include is Quite Bad Enough.

4. when my date to Senior Prom left the dance with another gal ... Yeah, it was another Bachelorette season in my life, but this time I at least kept the flowers.

3. one day after eighth grade English class, a bird pooped on my hair as it flew overhead ... Can I just say that junior high was an Exceptionally Humiliating time in my life?

2. the airplane - wedgie incident

1. throwing up in public on my honeymoon (story soon to come...) [edited to add link]

10 comments:

Mrs. N. said...

LOL!! Thanks for playing! Ohhh, I have had many bachelorette moments. And I also threw up on my honeymoon while snorkeling. So not cool

TAMI said...

Wow! When you decide to go along with a meme you go A-L-L in!!! Kudos to you for hanging it all out there for us to see. My favorite is the airplane wedgie!

Mamatini said...

I just spent the last 30 minutes howling, snorting, and explaining to Isa and Ina why Mama was howling and snorting. (It just doesn't translate.)

Shauna said...

Hey!

I am not sure if you got my email last week or not! I am back from vacation and would love to still work on your page! Shoot me an email and we will get started with it!

ksmccallaghan at hotmail dot com

Shauna

Janet said...

#8 was horrible! And the other stuff was pretty humiliating too. Maybe I should do one of these lists......

Briana's Mom said...

Oh my gosh! I threw up on my honeymoon too! It was on a boat (luckily it had a bathroom). I was a little sea sick!

That is some humiliating stuff!

Mari said...

Thanks for dropping by my blog and thanks for a GREAT laugh!

prechrswife said...

Funny! Thanks for sharing your list.

Georgia Peach said...

Dear Lady-who-fell-in-the-hole,

Good thing I get into work early because I've been laughing out loud at these. I'm inspired and off to post my own 9 on the 9th on my blog. After all, fiends don't let friends self-depreciate alone.

Half Gaelic, Half Garlic! said...

I love the wedgie story....that is classic.....I was cracking up when I read the link!

I came close on my honeymoon....another 15 minutes on the boat and I would have heaved.....can't wait to hear that story!