About Me

My little button

Our Little Tongginator

Blog Archive

Design by

Weaksauce Blogs
Friday, June 13, 2008

Just Waiting, Part 24

This week the Tongginator told me, "Momma, I just wanted to remind you that I'm STILL waiting for my little sister to come home."

Hah!

Like I could forget.

We've waited exactly 24 months since officially joining the back of the China adoption line. It's a fact I remember at least once each day.

So the million dollar question is, "how much longer will we wait?"

We wish we knew the answer.

And, yes, when we submitted our paperwork in June 2006, we never imagined we'd still be waiting two years later. The current wait at that time was eleven months. And all of the worst-case scenarios at that time stated "18 months, tops."

Yeah.

This week's most recent batch of referrals, covering 8 log-in dates through January 20, 2006 gives me hope that we may see a referral before 2010. If the CCAA continues issuing an average of 8 day batches, and since exactly 144 log-in days separate us from the front of the line, we should receive a referral sometime before Christmas 2009.

If, however, the CCAA returns to an average of six day batches, as has been the norm for almost a year, we won't see the face of MythicalBabyInChina until the summer of 2010.

That's two more years, y'all.

The Tongginator will be a kindergarten graduate at that point.

And the Husband will be in his forties.

I have no words, except perhaps... these.

10 comments:

Saint Louis Family Robinson said...

I hear ya, girlfriend!

The 'joke' at our house is: Ah, maybe we submitted our dossier for a grandchild, instead of a child! ha!

At the current rate, my husband will be in his 50s by the time we get a refferal. Yeesh!

Hang in there and enjoy your Friday the 13th!

-Another Tonggu Mama

Mommy Cracked said...

I pray your wait won't be much longer. I know waiting is so tough, though. Hang in there!

Debbie said...

Sometimes late is just right on time!

Gerbil said...

I hope you get good news soon.

Fliss and Mike Adventures said...

Well, let's hope this is the end of beginning of a new chapter... or the beginning of the new beginning... whatever... take care...

Janet said...

Ugh. ugh. Double ugh. I hope the "speed up the referrals fairy" hits China soon.

Rochelle said...

Wow... that's quite a wait! God will bless you for your patience!! Hang in there!

Special K said...

I'm right there with ya. I'm still holding out hope for that we'll be in China together in 2009. I can't wrap my brain around 2010 yet.

So Happy(?) 24!

PS. Did you check out my blog? I had it re-designed to mark the occasion. :)

CC said...

Hugs, hugs hugs!!! The wait is just awful :(

Alyson & Ford said...

Happy LID Anniversary!
We are in our 50's and hope to have a referral in July or August at the latest. Yes, a very long wait. All in God's time....

Alyson LID 01/27/06