About Me

My little button

Our Little Tongginator

Blog Archive

Design by

Weaksauce Blogs
Wednesday, June 11, 2008

God's Music

A bad storm hit our area last night. The skies glowed with lightening; thunder shook our windows; wind and rain pelted our roof.

All of the noise woke the Tongginator at about 10 PM. She needed a little extra love because of the storm, so I settled down in her bed with a book and my reading light. I wanted to be there to comfort her back to sleep... and in case the storm woke her again.

It took a long time for the Tongginator to drift off to sleep. Worried, I asked her, "do you want me to turn on your music again, honey bear?"

She opened her eyes for a minute, smiled beatifically and whispered, "No, Momma. I'm listening to God's music right now. This is God's music."

Wow.

"Yes. Yes, it IS God's music, honey bear. Go to sleep now."

She spent the next couple of minutes trying her best to slip into slumber, with her hand gently clasped in mine. When she opened her eyes again, I expected more poignancy.

I truly did.

And that's when she said, "Momma, I really want Daddy instead. Can you go get Daddy?"

Poignant.

11 comments:

Aunt LoLo said...

Oh my goodness, that storm scared me so BAD last night. I wanted my Daddy, too...instead, I huddled in the basement with a blanket and the Food Network and tried not to think about alien invasions.

Oh, and it cooled down today. :-p hahaha...I woke up SUCH A HAPPY WEST COAST GIRL!!!! It's 70 degrees outside - that's good enough for me!

Cajunchic said...

Very smart girl. i love bad thunderstorms.

Becoming Me said...

What a wise girl!

Mrs. Darling said...

Oh what a sweetheart!

Sophie said...

That is so cute! I love the honesty of young kids!

Shawnstribe said...

hee hee they are too cute : )
i love it that you settled in for the long run with your night light : )
i always have mine with me, if i need to keep A company in the middle of the night, and a book in tow :)
xxx
s

Debbie said...

I had to laugh when I read "I want Daddy instead" comment. I've heard that one before :)

Debbie

Mamatini said...

I *love* what kids come up with - even if it is not what one wants to hear at the time. "God's music." I'll have to remember that one.

Carla said...

so sweet and POIGNANT...until the end. Oh that is so Katie in a few years. :)

Cheri H said...

I sooo love the " god's music!" I don't think my kids would ask for daddy instead of me but they might surprise me some day.

prechrswife said...

Love the "God's Music" part. That is just precious. And asking for Daddy instead...hilarious.