About Me

My little button

Our Little Tongginator

Blog Archive

Design by

Weaksauce Blogs
Thursday, June 26, 2008

Fort McHenry

We visited gorgeous Fort McHenry this past weekend. That's where Francis Scott Key wrote The Star Spangled Banner, y'all, during the Battle of Baltimore in 1814.

Yeah.

A wonderful, patriotic national anthem...

about war...

sung to the tune of an English drinking song.

Ahem.

We captured lots of cute moments at Fort McHenry, however, since the Tongginator really enjoyed herself. One of her favorite activities involved yelling into a cannon's muzzle face because her voice echoed.



She also really enjoyed watching the soldiers, y'all. I mean, she REALLY enjoyed watching them.



And watching them...



And watching them...



It took us about six minutes to completely catch up with her so that we could redirect her back to her starting point.

We are getting old, y'all.

And the Tongginator wasn't happy.



How did we solve that little big problem?

We bribed her with a preservative-laden ice cream sandwich. I don't know if parenting experts would give us any awards for stellar discipline, but the Tongginator might.


And really... isn't her opinion the one that counts?

7 comments:

Aunt LoLo said...

I bet Miss. T and Miss Lydia Bennett would get along GREAT. ;-) (She's a little young for Jane Austen just yet..but in a few years...'Ooh! All the officers!')

Oh, and we bribe BBJ all the time. I call it pre-emptive rewards. ;-) You wouldn't believe the stash of candy that accompanies us onto an airplane! The fruit snacks come out around midway, and landing is just a shower of chocolate.

CC said...

Way cute! And I love the temper picture!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cajunchic said...

She is so cute.

BTW my post definitely was not about you. I did not find your blog offensive at all. It was about another blog that I stumbled across.

Rochelle said...

Love the pic of her crossing her arms. I wonder if I could get some sweets if I cross my arms? It's worth a try! :)

Beachy Mimi said...

I just love her determination. The attitude with the arms crossed is priceless.

I have invited you to participate in a meme over at Beachy Mimi.

Half Gaelic, Half Garlic! said...

Ice cream......it works every time!

Love the pictures!

Lisa

Heidi said...

Bribing has become one of the best tools in my repertoire. Sad, but true.