About Me

My little button

Our Little Tongginator

Blog Archive

Design by

Weaksauce Blogs
Sunday, May 18, 2008

SWAT Team

It was just another Saturday night in the Tonggu Household. Nothing much going on. The Tongginator headed to bed not fifteen minutes before, and the Husband bustled in the kitchen fixing some type of healthy snack gooey dessert. I sat in front of my laptop, checking e-mail one last time before the Husband and I sat down to watch a movie together.

Ho-hum.

Boy, are we pathetic.

Then something even more pathetic happened.

If you are a member of the Insect Rights League, I suggest you move on, just for today.

Or if you possess a bit of a weak stomach... say, when looking at creepy crawly creatures, for example... then you just might wish to pass up this post. I mean, I learned my lesson with the Termite picture. (You didn't seriously just click on that link, did you? Ewwww.)

I'll give you some time to decide.

Keep scrolling if you feel confident in your high level of GQ. (Which, in this case, means Grossness Quotient as opposed to Gentleman's Quarterly.)

It all began when I noticed this:













So of course I did what any sane woman would do: I called the Husband. He took one look at Humongous Fly and became a Man On A Mission. Let me preface this next part of the story by saying that I did not even think to grab my camera until long about minute five. And then it took me another three minutes to even find it.

Just so you know.

Around minute ten, I witness something like this:














Which soon progressed to this:














Which created this:











That's when the Husband grew REALLY determined. He created a New Weapon and improved upon his somewhat simplistic SWAT team response. It looked something like this:





















It got the job done, however, since it eventually resulted in this:












Before finally... heroically... Humongous Fly did this:











And it only took about thirty minutes.

My Husband, Lord of the Flies Fly.

6 comments:

Aunt LoLo said...

They can be tricky little devils! We find one in the house..almost every day!

Send Tonggu hubby over here and maybe he can teach us how to get rid of them. We've currently got one trapped in a window between the window and the screen, waiting for the little sucker to DIE!

bugs parents said...

One more reason to call him Mr. Wonderful!

discombobulated said...

hey, I was going to say exactly what Bugs Parents just said! Might I add that you are the most hilarious person I know.

prechrswife said...

Funny! :-)

Fliss and Mike Adventures said...

That was to funny... killer flies... you should have seen my hubbie running around the room trying to get a frog out of the house... wish I had my camera... hahaha

Rochelle said...

Great action pics! I need to remember keep a camera handy when my hubby chases insects around the house... he cracks me up!