About Me

My little button

Our Little Tongginator

Blog Archive

Design by

Weaksauce Blogs
Thursday, May 8, 2008

Park Sights

Yesterday the Tongginator and I ate a picnic lunch in the park with Tic and Tac, Yin and Yang. After lunch, as I pushed the Tongginator on the swings ("REALLY high, Momma!") and chatted with Tac, a woman called out to me from about forty yards away, on the park trail.

BLURRY WOMAN: Tonggu Momma!

Actually, she used my real name, but you get the point.
I looked far away to see Blurry Woman waving to me and smiling broadly. She stood next to another woman pushing a stroller.

TONGGU MOMMA: (squinting, then looking at Tac) Is she talking to me?

TAC: She called your name. So, yeah, I would think so.

TONGGU MOMMA
: (squinting harder) Who is that?

In the meantime, I can see Blurry Woman make a comment to the friend standing beside her... probably something along the lines of, "Tonggu Momma has no idea who I am." I thought a minute, and then a flash of recognition spread across my face before I began smiling and waving.

Yeah.

She didn't buy it.

As they walked away, Tac turned to me with a puzzled expression.

TAC: Who was that?

TONGGU MOMMA: I have absolutely no idea.

Great.

Now I am a bad actress.

And a liar.

Who needs new glasses.

And possibly a new brain.

I am SUCH an idiot.

2 comments:

Gerbil said...

Well at least you aren't deaf! ;) I hate it when I can't place or name people right away.

Cajunchic said...

I am blind too so you are not alone.