About Me

My little button

Our Little Tongginator

Blog Archive

Design by

Weaksauce Blogs
Tuesday, May 13, 2008

An E? An E!

I received my first sole Blog Award: an E from CajunChick at The Simple Cajun Life. Thanks, CajunChick!

I'm relatively new to BloggyLand, so I'm not quite up on all of the protocols. As a former military brat, I'm VERY aware of what happens when you break Rules and Procedures. The Colonel (my daddy) was pretty laid-back for a military aviator, but I witnessed enough during Life Around Base to know that "rules are rules" and ouch, ouch, ouch for you if you break them.

I know. I know.

Laid-back.

Military aviator.

Ha. Ha. Ha.

I stand by the phrase. It's not an oxymoron... at least, not in the Colonel's case. He was and is a great father.

But I digress. Where was I?

(crickets chirping)

Oh, yes. Rules and Procedures.

I wasn't wearing my glasses at the time, so when I popped on over to CajunChick's site to see what it was and what to do, all I noticed was the great big E. Everything else looked a tad blurry.

An E.

I had a choice. I could get up and search high and low for my elusive glasses. Or I could search my mind, taking a guess as to what the E stood for. I chose the latter. At this point, you may be thinking I deliberately made things difficult for myself, but have you ever considered how difficult it is to find misplaced glasses? I mean, don't people wear glasses because THEY CAN'T SEE?

I digress again. Where was I?

(crickets chirping)

Oh, yes. The E.

I decided to take the easy route and list a few possibilities --

Earful. Well, I guess I often give people an earful. I DO like to talk. I rarely write short posts.

Ecofreak. Nope, I don't qualify. Too lazy, I guess. I do want it on record, however, that Husband and I are slowly inching our way in this direction.

Egotist. Well, goodness, EVERYONE who blogs is an egotist. Next.

Einstein. Ha! I only like to think so (see above).

Elderly. It had better not mean this or I'll give CajunChick what-for. Wait... scratch that... I think only elderly people say "what-for."

Emcee. Maybe... sometimes I feel like a Master of Ceremonies, just narrating Tongginator tales.

Epidemic. You COULD consider me a disease, but my blog readership isn't at all large enough to earn that label.

Etouffee. I'm not really sure how relevant this word is in this situation, but it was CajunChick who passed along the award, so who knows?

Evangel. Well, I do love Jesus with all of my heart, but have I mentioned before that the Tonggu household is struggling a bit spiritually right now? We'll come out of it - I do have confidence in that - but I am not one to look up to in the spiritual sense at the moment.

I'm coming to the end of the E alphabet here, with no strong contenders. All I've got left are the Exes and those dealing with eyewear. Interesting, especially since I can't find my glasses at the moment.

Hmmm... if I follow the Rules and Procedures, I must nominate a few others, so here's hoping the E stands for excellent, exhorter or some other positive concept. If it stands for expire, as in "please let your blog die a quick death because it really stinks," then I apologize to all of the nominees listed below.

Angel at Becoming Me because she is a WRITER, y'all... one who really lifts the spirit of this downtrodden Christian

Janet at Tuininga Treasures because she was my first *blog stalker friend and because, if this award is for exhortation, then she is THE person to earn it.

Chris and Deb at Sophie's World because their photography is unbelievable.


Thanks again, CajunChick. I feel honored.

* Oh, and for those of you wondering about the phrase "blog stalker friend," that would be someone I consider a friend (or friendly acquaintance) who I have yet to meet face to face.

2 comments:

Becoming Me said...

Ohhh...aren't you the sweetest of all sweet people! Yes, I gush when I am happy and this makes me happy. I just came over to check out your blog as I do several days a week and found this I am honored. Thank you!

Chris & Deb said...

thanks so much for the award!