About Me

My little button

Our Little Tongginator

Search

Loading...

Blog Archive

Design by

Weaksauce Blogs
Parenting Blogs Add to Technorati Favorites
Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Distract Nosy Neighbors

Tonggu Grammy and the Colonel recently purchased a new refrigerator. They absolutely love it... except for one thing. The refrigerator? It doesn't have a metal door.

Y'all are probably thinking, 'so?' I have two words for you: no magnets.

Gasp.

That's a Problem of Epic Proportions, y'all.

Why?

Because Tonggu Grammy and the Colonel have five Spoiled Rotten Grandchildren, including our little Tongginator. And Tonggu Grammy? She wants to see their cute and smiling faces.

Every. Single. Day.

And not just behind the glass of a picture frame. What to do?

How about slapping on peel-and-stick magnets to the back of those school pictures, and placing them on the inside of your medicine cabinet door? Behold the inside of my medicine cabinet, filled with photos of nieces, nephews, godchildren and teens-from-our-former-small-group-who- had-the-gall-to-grow-up-and-graduate-and-move-on-with-their-lives.


You'll find several benefits to placing photos there. It works for me, quite definitely, for a couple of reasons. First off, you'll see bright and smiling faces every morning as you get ready for the day. And second, if a Nosy Neighbor goes snooping in your bathroom, the photos will successfully distract them from the contents of your medicine cabinet.

Not that I would know anything about that, y'all.

Well, maybe a bit.

Not really.

Do YOU snoop?

8 comments:

prechrswife said...

Our fridge here doesn't have magnetic doors either, but the sides are still magnetic. :-) We always put up everyone's Christmas card pics for the year on the refrigerator, and I almost thought we weren't going to be able to do that last year. (First Christmas in this house...)

CC said...

My parents' fridge isn't magnetic either. Drives me nuts. If it were me...... masking tape would be the answer!! ;)

discombobulated said...

Used to snoop, but I so don't care anymore. Can't figure out why I needed to. The medicine cabinet and/or the peak behind the shower curtain. Ummm, looking for WHAT?! I'm so over snooping!

Gettysburg Mom said...

Sometimes I wish the front of our fridge wasn't able to hold magnets... seems like it would be a whole lot less cluttered. As for the snooping, nope. Too busy with my kids to really care what fungal ailments or whatnot our friends are suffering from...

marigold said...

Tee hee! Great idea! Our kitchen fridge has a strict no magnet policy, but our GARAGE fridge is covered. And our guest bathroom doesn't have a medicine cabinet so no worries there!

Mom to 5...Daughter of the King said...

Not a snooper, but I LOVE this idea!
Tonni
mom to the fabulous 5 including 2 China dolls.

Tonggu Grammy said...

My 5 grandchildren are NOT, I repeat NOT spoiled rotten. They're just a little bit ripe, if you know what I mean.

And, it's a terrible tragedy that the photos are on the side of the fridge and not easily visible to all who enter my kitchen. Looking at photos of these beautiful children, including the Tongginator, would possibly distract them from the obvious fact that Tonggu Grammy hates to cook and is not the hostess with the mostest.

Debbie said...

I love the idea of photos on the back of the medicine cabinet. A dear friend of mine tapes photos up inside her kitchen cabinets so anytime you open the cabinet, you see family photos. I always love looking at her photos that way.