About Me

My little button

Our Little Tongginator

Blog Archive

Design by

Weaksauce Blogs
Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Just Skipping

On Sunday, the Tongginator and I spent quite a bit of Quality Time together learning about rhythm. We listened to all types of music styles, learning how to keep time through clapping and drum playing. At one point, the Tongginator decided to play a new game. She called it "I am the Teacher. You are the Student."

Well, alright then.

At her request, we turned off the music and began playing hand-clap games. Just recently, our Piglet graduated from Pat-A-Cake. She wants to keep up with the Big Kids and their more sophisticated hand-clap games, but her little brain isn't quite there yet. Tonggu Momma makes a great substitute for Big Kids in this situation, as she is more tolerant of mistakes.

Only the Tongginator doesn't make mistakes.

TONGGINATOR: Okay, I'm going to say the rhyme and you need to just clap your hands like I do. First let me pretend to turn on the pretend CD, okay Momma?

TONGGU MOMMA: Okay.

TONGGINATOR: This Old Man, he played one: he played nick-nack on my thumb. With a nick-nack paddy-whack, give the dog a bone. This Old Man goes rolling home. This Old Man, he played two: he played nick-nack on my... my... my... my...

TONGGU MOMMA: Shoe.

TONGGINATOR: No, Momma. I'm the Teacher. You're the Student. You can't say that.

TONGGU MOMMA: I know. I was just trying to help you remember the word. I'll be quiet now.

TONGGINATOR: I already knew the word! It's shoe.

TONGGU MOMMA: Well, then why didn't you say 'shoe?'

TONGGINATOR: I was going to. The pretend music CD was just skipping.

5 comments:

Mrs. Darling said...

Well she's one smart little cookie! LOL

bugs parents said...

Too funny! I guess it's never dull around your house.

Special K said...

Oh no she di-int! That's hysterical.

prechrswife said...

That is hilarious! :-)

Cajunchic said...

Too funny. You have one smart girl on your hands.