About Me

My little button

Our Little Tongginator

Blog Archive

Design by

Weaksauce Blogs
Monday, April 28, 2008

I Heart Irony

The phone rings at the Tongginator house...

TONGGU MOMMA
: (picks up the receiver) Hello?

THE HUSBAND: I do NOT have a bad heart!

TONGGU MOMMA
: I know, honey. It was meant to be sarcastic.

THE HUSBAND: Oh... okay. Well, I have to get back to work. Oh, but remember that if Vern calls, I need to take the car in sooner rather than later. And I'll probably be a little late today, because I have to be on a call from 3:30 until five or so. And the call could run late.

TONGGU MOMMA
: Okay. Thanks for telling me. The Tongginator and I might head to the mall then, after nap.

THE HUSBAND: Sounds good. Oh, and I forgot to write it on the calendar, but I have a cardiology appointment with AmazingCardioDoc on Wednesday morning. It's at nine, so I probably won't go into work until after I'm done with that.

TONGGU MOMMA: Sounds good. Love you.

THE HUSBAND: Love you, too. (click)

Does anyone else see the irony in this conversation?

2 comments:

Cajunchic said...

lol gotta love husbands.

Becoming Me said...

Too funny. A few months ago, I mentioned that my husband had a bad back. He was nearly livid and later told me that he has an injured back not a bad one. So two months ago after his back surgery I asked if that officially put him on bad back status. I got an eye roll.