About Me

My little button

Our Little Tongginator

Blog Archive

Design by

Weaksauce Blogs
Monday, April 28, 2008

DVD: Found in China

Tonight the Husband and I watched a newly released documentary entitled "Found in China" about Chinese-American adoptees. From the creator's official website:
“Found in China,” a documentary by Tai-Kai Productions, follows a group of six Midwestern families and their 9- to 13-year adopted Chinese daughters who climb the Wall, taste the tea, visit their orphanages and the people who once held them--all the while surviving the emotional and psychological demands of such a heritage trip.
The Husband and I give it two thumbs up. If you are an adoptive parent of a child adopted from China or Korea, you might wish to check out this DVD. We found invaluable the insight provided by the adoptees, the adoptive parents, Sara Dorow and other adoption professionals, as well older Korean adoptees.

You might even wish to view this if you are waiting to adopt a child from China or Korea. Waiting parents probably will not find this DVD as valuable as National Geographic's "China's Lost Girls" starring Lisa Ling, but the Husband and I feel it is a close second.

I hope you learn as much as we did!

2 comments:

Catherine said...

Thank you so much for the link to this DVD. I am a waiting mom, for my daughter in China. My LID is March 23, 2006. You mention that you're waiting for your 2nd daughter. What is your LID?

I've really enjoyed NG China's Lost Girls so I'm sure will enjoy this one too. Thanks for the info!

Have a great week. Nice meeting you.

prechrswife said...

Thanks for the pointer. I hadn't heard about this one, but it definitely sounds like it is worth looking into.