About Me

My little button

Our Little Tongginator

Blog Archive

Design by

Weaksauce Blogs
Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Books, Books, Books

The Tonggu Household contains about nine bookcases and hundreds, if not thousands, of books. Oh. My. Goodness. It's difficult to keep track of them all. I've sometimes found myself checking out a book from the library that we already own or, even worse, purchasing a duplicate copy.

How can I keep track of all of these books?

Check out the best web group ever -- LibraryThing! -- an on-line card catalog system. It's free for up to 200 book entries; if you wish to input more than 200 books, you can pay a one-time membership fee of $25.

Check out my Tonggu Momma library that contains only those books we own specific to adoption parenting, international adoption and China.

LibraryThing! works for me. What works for you?

6 comments:

discombobulated said...

uh oh, another book site. i'm in trouble. i love books- their feel, their smell. bookstores smell great!

Mamabug said...

I am a book lover too. I practically start salivating walking in a bookstore. It feels like I have come home. And here I thought I was just weird that way. : )

Cajunchic said...

Thanks for the link. I too have tons of books so I will have to check this out.

Audra Marie said...

I have several bookcases and loads of books, too. I'll have to check this out.

http://adashofsassitude.com/

Special K said...

I'm waiting until 2009 to read all the adoption books. That's my already decided upon new year's resolution for next year. I figure I should wait til closer to referral so they'll be fresher in my memory. Plus right now I have to keep a healthy detachment from the whole thing so I don't become a raving lunatic.

But when it's time maybe I'll have to borrow from the Tonggu library. LOL!

Dawn said...

We have so many books that I've been trying to think of a good way to keep track of them. That looks like a good system.