About Me

My little button

Our Little Tongginator

Blog Archive

Design by

Weaksauce Blogs
Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Bonbon Marshmallows

Last week, BEFORE we discovered the termites, the Husband came home from work one day to find our house Looking Like a Bomb Exploded. He said nothing at first, but he did look a bit shell-shocked, since this is not a typical sight at the Tongginator home.

I had no excuse.

(Well, except possibly my Horrible Case of Cramps. Sorry for the whisper. What can I say except that too many of my friends are Southern?)

I wore my most comfy sweats, lounged in my favorite chair with a heating pad, and my feet sat propped on an ottoman. The Tongginator played Not Quietly nearby while the TV blared in the background. (Of course it was something completely appropriate and educational. I think. Maybe not.) Pleasant aromas did not waft from the kitchen, possibly because I failed to prepare dinner. Ya think?!?

TONGGU MOMMA: (looking at the Husband) I'm sorry.

That's it: no explanation given, simply "I'm sorry." Don't you wish you were married to me?

THE HUSBAND: (with a grin) The only thing you need to complete this picture is a box of bonbons.

I leveled the Husband with my Death Glare That Is Meant to Reprimand Yet Still Be Humorous, then defiantly reached down on the floor to snatch up an as-yet-unnoticed bag of marshmallows. I watched him as I oh-so-slowly popped several into my mouth and chewed in an exaggerated manner. He glanced at the heating pad, looked back at my face and burst out laughing. Then he put down his work bag, rolled up his sleeves and walked into the kitchen to begin preparing dinner.

Oh, how I love this man.

4 comments:

Aunt LoLo said...

Hahahaha. Hoo Hoo. Hahahaha.

He should offer classes! I don't know if they sell them "down south", but I found some little individually wrapped Japanese marshmallows when I was in Vancouver a few weeks ago...filled with chocolate! Oh, sweet, sweet PMS relief!

Cheri H said...

Oh how I don't miss those day! *except to get away with not cooking dinner LOL* I had a hysterectomy when my 2nd daughter was 11 months due to severe pain and other problems. I totally know where you are coming from! I love the visual you gave! I think I'd like those Japanese marshmallows! Yum!

discombobulated said...

The Husband seems too good to be true sometimes.

Tonggu Grammy said...

The husband is every bit a great as she says. I, personally, ate the Easter dinner he prepared and it was delicious. God richly blessed them when they found each other. I thought that when I met him and I still think that today.