About Me

My little button

Our Little Tongginator

Search

Loading...

Blog Archive

Design by

Weaksauce Blogs
Saturday, April 19, 2008

Begging for Xi Gua

The Tongginator attended her first-ever Mandarin Chinese class today. Thank goodness they spent the hour learning fruits and numbers. Her teachers, ShanghaiSweetie and BeijingBoy, couldn't have planned a better first class for our little Piglet!

The Tongginator's eyes grew as huge as saucers when she realized they could eat REAL fruits after correctly identifying, in Mandarin, the plastic fruits on the table.

TONGGINATOR: (pointing to the watermelon) Can I have some of that?

SHANGHAI SWEETIE
: If you can tell me what it is in Chinese, then you can have some.

TONGGINATOR: (without missing a beat, and yelling loudly) Xi gua. Now can I have some?

Thank goodness for all of those Follow Jade and Mei Mei DVDs.

Watermelon = Xi gua 西瓜

2 comments:

Aunt LoLo said...

Hahaha...what a smartie! I can only get BBJ to say 'nai nai' (milk). Oh, and 'lohk' (down) ;-)

Cajunchic said...

She is so smart. You tell the cutest stories about her. I love reading them.

Thanks so much for the advice on Monkette's video. I am going to try that next time as I was at my wit's end and did not know what to do. It really scared me since she had never done it before but it makes me feel so much better to hear that you went through it too.