About Me

My little button

Our Little Tongginator

Blog Archive

Design by

Weaksauce Blogs
Thursday, March 13, 2008

Three Wishes

Anyone familiar with the show Hi-5 will recognize the song "Three Wishes." It introduces children to the concept of wishing, and explores the tremendously varied world of wish options. Yesterday the Tongginator and I engaged in an enlightening discussion ... for both of us.

TONGGINATOR
: Momma, what's three wishes?

TONGGU MOMMA: Three wishes? Do you mean a wish? What is wishing?

TONGGINATOR
: Yeah, like the song. What's three wishes?

TONGGU MOMMA: Well, wishing is wanting something that you hope will happen, but you aren't sure if it will. Like, I wish I could have some candy tonight as a special treat.

TONGGINATOR: Oh. Or like I wish I could wear a pretty dress.

TONGGU MOMMA: Yes, like that. It's when you want something, and you hope that you get it.

The Tongginator pondered that for awhile, for so long, in fact, that I thought the conversation complete. We finished driving home from Aunt KitKat's house while Hi-5 quietly played in the background. As I pulled into our driveway, the Tongginator decided to share more.

TONGGINATOR: Momma, Pandy has three wishes. (Pandy is currently second-in-adoration, right after her beloved Doggy.)

TONGGU MOMMA: Oh, really? What does Pandy wish for?

TONGGINATOR: He wishes we could go to Peaches and Cream's house. And he wishes he could have chocolate ice cream after dinner tonight. And he wishes Cinnamon and Spice would come play at our house again soon.

TONGGU MOMMA: (smiling) Oh, he does, hmmm? Are you wishing for the same things?

TONGGINATOR: No, I wish for different things.

TONGGU MOMMA: Oh? What do you wish for?

TONGGINATOR: I wish I could shop for my own pretty shoes. And I wish Cinnamon and Spice could go to school with me and maybe even live with me. And I wish I could ride in the car by myself, and sit where you sit in the car.

That sounds an awful lot like high school and college life. Someone please, please bring me the defibrillator paddles. I think my heart just stopped.

1 comments:

Janet said...

AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH! Stop growing up, Princess! You're giving your mom heart troubles! :-)