About Me

My little button

Our Little Tongginator

Blog Archive

Design by

Weaksauce Blogs
Sunday, February 3, 2008

Words and Phrases I Will Miss

The Tongginator is growing up: she'll be four soon. I love watching her move through developmental stages, becoming more independent with each passing year. There are, however, a few things I will truly miss from her baby and toddler years.

At the top of my list is the special Piglet vocabulary that is all her own. Every young child has these special words and phrases; our Tongginator is no exception. I'm not speaking of the cute-isms common to all toddlers ... like "pasketti" for "spaghetti," or "uppy, peez" for "please pick me up," or "ba-ba" for "bottle." I'm talking about the words you've never heard before, the ones that sometimes only the parent can understand. Below are a few Tongginator-isms that are fast disappearing from her speech. I will surely miss 'em.

Icky Fish: Uncle Fish (also known as OneFish -- learn who he is here)
strawbabies: strawberries
buckle me out: unbuckle me
GGMa and GGPa: Great-Grandma and Great-Grandpa
doot-doot girl: cashier at a grocery store (think sounds at check out)
hair pretties: bows, ribbons, barrettes and headbands
Old MacDonald: her name for Shawn McDonald, a Christian music artist
Mei Mei Dancers: Chinese traditional and folk dancers
con-gu-gu-gu: computer
clog shoes: Princess dress-up shoes
ladybug: sometimes correct; at other times she means labia (don't ask)
colored see-ray-ray: Froot Loops (AKA colored cereal)
bobby tails: bobby pins for your hair
Eee Haw: Eeyore, the depressed donkey from Winne-the-Pooh

Now, there is a trade-off. This morning, for example. The Tongginator is actually quite the girly girl, while Tonggu Momma is ... um ... the opposite. When the Tongginator discovered that her tights were clean, and she could therefore wear a dress to church today, she excitedly picked out which dress to wear. It's a pretty simple cotton dress -- navy blue with light blue flowers all around. She turned to her Daddy and exclaimed, "It's so pretty, I can't even believe it."

Oh, how I love her! She is truly the most precious little person I've ever met! Or maybe I just feel that way because I'm her momma ... nah, she really is the cutest little girl ever!

1 comments:

Janet said...

Hi! Thanks for the comment on my blog! It's nice to "meet you!" Your daughter is ADORABLE!!!!!!