About Me

My little button

Our Little Tongginator

Blog Archive

Design by

Weaksauce Blogs
Friday, February 22, 2008

Shlumpadinka

I DVR The Oprah Show every day, although I probably only watch it three or four times a month. The shows usually pile up in their folder until the DVR reaches 95% capacity and I have to purge. If I'm really interested in a particular topic, I'll save it, but that's not usually the case.

Today, however, was an Ice Day in our region. This is, of course, worse than a Snow Day because at least with a Snow Day you can have fun while freezing outside. But on an Ice Day, when TongguMomma has the sniffles, we pretty much zone out in front of the television. After two Ni Hao, Kai Lan episodes, one Mulan viewing and a Sesame Street, I needed some Mommy TV. I navigated to my Oprah folder and perused the options. Nothing too interesting, but I felt desperate, so I clicked on the top one, no questions asked.

The Tongginator played quietly in the family room while I vegetated in front of the episode entitled "Are You a Shlumpadinka?" About five minutes into the show, the Tongginator stopped playing and listened intently to Oprah defining for the audience the term shlumpadinka. After Oprah finished her detailed description, complete with visuals, the Tongginator smiled beatifically at me and said proudly, "Just like you, Momma."

Oh, the honesty of children.

1 comments:

Special K said...

I'm also guilty of the neverending list of unseen Oprah shows on the DVR. Now I'm curious. I'll have to check this one out.