About Me

My little button

Our Little Tongginator

Blog Archive

Design by

Weaksauce Blogs
Thursday, January 31, 2008

Thankful Thursday

Our neighbors the Ashes (Ring and Rosie, and their twins Pocket and Posies) invited us to dinner on Monday night. It was a "share the bounty" invitation, since they'd received three meals in three days from friends and neighbors. Rosie is seriously ill, although this week we saw much improvement. What a blessing to watch the outpouring of love and practical support from the neighborhood, their circle of friends and their church family. I'm humbled by the generosity I see from others.

I haven't been feeling all that well this week. The Husband really stepped up, getting small chores done around the house, and also entertaining and caring for the Tongginator. I'm thankful that I have someone in my life able and willing to shoulder the blessings and burdens of parenthood. This past decade I've come to realize that it doesn't matter if you are married or single ... some married mothers still do not have this type of support; and some single moms do, the support simply comes from an extended relative or a close friend.

The Tongginator's favorite new song is "This is the Day!" which she loves to belt out, especially during car rides. My favorite line: "Let us Be-Joice and be glad in it!" No, this is not a typo. I've tried to correct her a few times, but it's not working, and I figure God doesn't care. He knows what Be-joice means in the little Piglet's heart.

The Little Things this Week: drinking lattes on a breezy day ... the last few piles of snow that have yet to melt ... heating pads (what a wonderful invention) ... e-mail: keeping up with far-away friends is so easy nowadays ... the Tongginator trying to rub my shoulders so that I will feel better soon

0 comments: