About Me

My little button

Our Little Tongginator

Blog Archive

Design by

Weaksauce Blogs
Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Nicknames: the Good, the Bad and the Ugly

As I might not always refer to our daughter as The Tongginator, I felt I should probably explain a few of her other oh-so-important nicknames, which might slip out upon occasion.

Chunky Monkey: This nickname developed during our first six months together. The Tongginator weighed less than 14 pounds at a year, so you can imagine (or identify with) the stress we felt trying to help her gain weight. We constantly cooed to her "we love fat babies," I guess hoping our words would somehow pack on the pounds. And, as she was born in the Year of the Monkey ... and since Ben & Jerry's Chunky Monkey ice cream is a fave...

Honey Bear: Her room is decorated in classic Winnie-the-Pooh ... need I say more?

Piglet: Another A.A. Milne reference, but this time one with more substance. The Tongginator eats a lot, even now after three years home. She also remains on the smaller size, despite eating copious amounts of healthy foods.

Hot Stuff: Okay, now this one is not my fault. It just sort of slips out, often at highly inconvenient times. People tend to look startled when they hear me use it, but the finger should definitely point to my mother, AKA Mama Wolfie. Mama Wolfie used this nickname to refer to both my sister, KK, and me all during our formative years. (Mama Wolfie is also commonly known as Grammy.)

As for my husband, the love of my life, he'll be Daddy on this site, for the most part. Sometimes I may also refer to him as Husband. (This is to get back at him a bit -- hee hee -- because Husband has me listed as Wife in the contact list of his cell phone.)

I, of course, am Tonggu Momma.

0 comments: